Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What is an Adjustment Counselor?

Welcome to the School Adjustment Counselor's Corner!  My name is Kerry Fagan and I am the School Adjustment Counselor for Nipmuc High School. I am a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) and I am certified with the DESE as a School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor.  While I work in close collaboration with the Nipmuc Guidance Counselors to support the academic success, college and career readiness and social/emotional development of all students, my primary focus is to support students when social, emotional or behavioral issues are impacting school functioning.  I provide individual and group counseling, consultation to parents, teachers and administrators, or referrals to community service providers for issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, substance abuse, peer or family concerns, to name a few.

Students are referred to me in many ways including staff and administrator referral, parent referral as well as student self-referral.

I am hoping to use this blog to highlight information related to the social emotional needs of adolescents, as well as post links to helpful parent and student resources.  I can be reached at 508-529-2140 or kfagan@mursd.org.  Thanks for visiting my corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment